See below for the latest roundup of offers available in the competitive electric market as shown on Power to Choose.
Proposition 6 is the constitutional amendment providing for the creation of the State Water Implementation Fund and provide financial assistance to for priority water projects in the state.
AECT strongly supports passage of Proposition 6 to keep our state’s infrastructure and economy strong.
Early voting runs from October 21 through November 1. Last day to apply for ballot by mail (received, not postmarked) is October 25. If you’re not early-voting, get out to the polls on November 5 to support Prop 6!
For More Information
- Proposition 6 FAQ from the Texas Water Development Board
- TX Water Prop6 Yes
- WaterTexas (Water Texas PAC)
- List of Prop 6 Supporters
- The Water for Texas 2012 State Water Plan (PDF)
Recent Media Supporting Proposition 6
- No water, no growth: Leaders push Proposition 6 as an economic issue (San Antonio Express-News, 10/9)
- Perry calls for passage of Proposition 6 (Austin American-Statesman, 10/9)
- Major water campaign Water Texas PAC raises nearly $1 million (Dallas Morning News, 10/8)
- Editorial: The droughts will win without passage of Proposition 6 (Dallas Morning News, 10/6)
- Opinion: Support Proposition 6 (Houston Chronicle, 10/4)
- Support flows, opposition simmers for water funding (Fort Worth Star-Telegram, 9/25)